To enter Cape Verde your passport must have a minimum validity of 6 months from the date one enters the country and a visa.

Types of visas:

  • Tourist visas
  • Work / Cooperation visas
  • Other

The price of the visa varies depending on the type of visa.

To process a visa you must contact the consulate and we will send you detailed information via e-mail. In any case to request a tourist visa you must:

  • Complete, sign and send a visa application form (one per person)
  • Send ORIGINAL passport of each traveler with an expiration date of over 6 months counting from the date of entry into the country for tourist visas.
  • A passport-sized photograph
  • Copy of air ticket, travel-booking and accommodation.

For all other visas, please contact the consulate.

You can send all the documents via registered mail or courier service and we will return all documentation via 24h courier services COD.

Visa Exemption

The visa exemption applies, among others, to:

  • Spanish nationalized Cape Verdeans (holding Spanish passports)
  • Children of Cape Verdeans with Spanish nationality
  • Spouses of Cape Verdean nationals

Please contact the consulate to request visa exemptions.

Emergency travel document

Should you not be a resident of this consular demarcation and if you are not registered or have no legal documents proving your identity, and must you return urgently to Cape Verde, you can request the Embassy to issue an emergency travel document, paying the same amount as an ordinary visa.

In the same way, if for any reason you were arrested and were pending deportation to Cape Verde, you would be provided with the corresponding emergency travel document. In this case, its issuance would have no cost.

Consular registration

It is convenient that all Cape Verdeans residing in a foreign country are registered in the Consular Embassy assigned to them based on their place of residence. This is an essential step in order for you to be able to prove your status as resident for legal purposes and to be able to process any needed documentation you may need with the Embassy / Consulate.

Parents of underaged children  must request the corresponding registration for those children under their guardianship.

Not being registered in the Consular Registry, is under no circumstances reason for consular protection to be denied; and therefore, you will have every right to be treated like any other Cape Verdean citizen.

Steps and documentation:

You must contact the Embassy of Cape Verde in Madrid to proceed with your consular registration. In any case you must:

  • Present valid passport
  • Submit the application for consular registration before thirty days after arriving in the country
  • 1 photo
  • Proof of payment transfer indicating the full name of the applicant and passport number, when possible.

In the event that a Cape Verdean citizen living abroad has not regularized their situation upon arrival, they may do so by submitting an application for registration and proving their identification and nationality by means of a valid passport, a copy of the birth certificate or any other travel document used to exit Cape Verde.

Should the applicant not have any official Cape Verdean document proofing their nationality, s/he must request a literal copy of his/her birth certificate.

Passport renewal

The Embassy of Cape Verde in Madrid will process passport renewals when requested by the interested party, being necessary to submit the following documentation:

If your passport has been lost or stolen, you must also submit a copy of either your birth certificate or any other document that proves your identity along with the corresponding police report.

For children under age, it must also be submitted authorization of one of the parents/guardians. Should one of them be a Spanish national, then you must also submit a Spanish document (passport). If you have another nationality, submit the corresponding document as proof of nationality.

Change of address

If your address is within the consular district in which you have registered and change your address, you must notify the Embassy as soon as possible so that it appears in the corresponding consular demarcation.

Notary services

To request these services you must present a valid passport or ID card in the Embassy or Consulate depending on the document you are requesting:

  • Deeds
  • Powers of attorney
  • Birth and/or marriage certificates     and publication of edicts
  • Translations

Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que usted tenga la mejor experiencia de usuario. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para la aceptación de las mencionadas cookies y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies, pinche el enlace para mayor información.plugin cookies

Aviso de cookies